ABOUT TRAVEL BOX
Who are we?
🌏Customized tour planner: Travel Box
🤿Dive Resort: DiverCity@Travel Box (PADI)
🏠In-house dive centre & authorized agent by Sutera@Mantanani
🌐Language: English, Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese
💳We accept: Bank transfer, VISA, MasterCard, UnionPay
Our mission is to increase the guests' enjoyment and creating impressive tour
1. The itinerary is specifically designed for you, suitable for solo traveller, friends, couple or family trip
2. In-depth exploration of Sabah culture
3. Our dive centre located at diving paradise - Mantanani Island, providing various packages of snorkeling, diving and accommodation
4. Flexible arrangements from hotels to glamping
5. Local tour guide at your service
The Mantanani Islands form a small group of three islands off the north-west coast of the state of Sabah, Malaysia, opposite the town of Kota Belud, in the northern Borneo.
The largest island is Mantanani Besar; the other 2 are Mantanani Kecil and Lingisan.
These islands are popular sites for recreational diving – there are 3 nearby dive wrecks dating from Second World War. 90-minute drive from Kota Kinabalu City to Rampayan Jetty, Kota Belud (80KM) and 30-minute boat ride to Mantanani (Besar) Island.
• Number of dive sites: 19
• Skill level: beginner to advanced
• Main diving attraction: Dugongs (manatees) if you are really lucky, blacktip sharks, juvenile turtles abound, and macro diving (seahorses, imperial shrimps, blue-ringed octopus, nudibranches). And not to mention, its clear visibility and beautiful coral reefs
• Average water temperature: 27°C to 30°C
• Seasonality: all year round
What more can I expect?
Malaysian Borneo is home to 23 night bird species, making the Place an excellent choice for bird enthusiasts. In addition, the island is one of the top spots to see some of the migrating birds in this region and some rare species.
Great Place for bird sight
The Mantanani Islands host birds rarely seen on mainland Malaysia. The rare bird species nest here are Pied Imperial, Nicobar Pigeons, Philippine Megapode, Grey Imperial, unique Mantanani Scops Owl, and several other water birds. These birds nest on islands due to a suitable environment and a lack of terrestrial predators.
Sabah is a lush green state with significant attractions like Dugongs (Sea cows), colourful marine creatures, turquoise waters, and coral reefs.
The Greenery here offers an unpolluted, oxygen-rich breeze. And You are never alone here, as birds will keep you company with their chirping sound as you relax and unwind in this ecosystem.
Water rides are always fun, and Kayaking is just extraordinary here. So make your move, come to Sabah, take a kayak, slide towards the calm, clear waters, and enjoy the fantastic view of marine life.